"The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size."
- Gertrude S. Wister
(FEBRUARY FLOWER of the MONTH)
HONEY PECAN CRUSTED SALMON
~ a delicious Lenten (anytime) treat
(compliments of ~ divadicucina.com)
2 salmon filets
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Place skin side down on parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together mustard, honey, butter and Worcestershire.
- In small bowl combine pecans and parsley. Spoon a tablespoon of sauce in with nuts and combine.
- Brush remaining sauce onto salmon filets. Press sticky pecan mixture to the top of filets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until thickest part of fish flakes.