Let thy growing hours be strong
To set right some wintry wrong.
- Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375º. Line a baking tray/sheet to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil overlapping each over other lengthwise to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of your fillet).
- In small saucepan, melt butter over low -medium heat. Add honey, garlic, and lemon. Whisk nail honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place salmon onto lined baking tray/sheet. Pour butter/honey mixture over salmon and using a pastry brush or spoons, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with salt (about 2 tsp.) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of foil over salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so butter down not leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Open foil, being careful of escaping steam, and grill/broil under grill /broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon. (Serves 8)
- Great served with simple baked sweet potato topped with sour cream and chives.