“Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal."
FRESH APPLE CAKE with CARAMEL GLAZE
~ The spicy smell of autumn fills the air ... each bite, the gift
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 organic eggs
3 cups AP flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. mace
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. real vanilla extract
3 cup pared, cored, and diced Michigan apples
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Grease and flour bundt or large tube pan.
- Combine sugar and vegetable oil in large bowl. Beat until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, mace, lemon zest and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating constantly. Add vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice and fold into batter. Add toasted walnuts (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into well-greased & floured bundt pan. Bake for 75 minutes or until cake tests done. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosed edges with knife and invert onto serving rack. When cool, glaze with Caramel glaze.
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add brown sugar, cream & vanilla. Bring to rolling boil and boil rapidly about 2 minutes or until mixture coats but drips from spoon. Cool slightly and spoon over cake letting glaze run down the sides.