"Then followed that beautiful season...
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Hubbard Lake Sunsets
JUICY LUCY (STUFFED HAMBURGER)
~ A fun burger ... adapt to suit taste ... all are delicious
1 1/2 lb. choice ground beef
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
heavy sprinkling of dried thyme, dill, chives and favorite seasonings
dashes of Worcestershire Sauce to taste
dashes of Tabasco Sauce to taste
4 slices of American, Swiss (cut slices into 4 pieces) or crumbled blue cheese
4 split hamburger buns (lightly butter or olive oil each half)
- Gently combine ground beef and seasonings. Form into 8 patties.
- In 4 of the patties, create a hole and stuff with cheese. Top with remaining patty, pinch edges and tightly seal. (Williams-Sonoma has a fun hamburger press)
- Grill on high about 3-4 minutes/side. Serve on grilled buns with favorite condiments and toppings. (serves 4)
GRILLED ONION BLOSSOMS
4 medium large sweet Vidalia onions
2 Tbsp. melted butter
3 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel onions and cut almost through forming 8 wedges. Place onion on a square of foil.
- Combine butter, mustard, and Tabasco. Drizzle over each onion. Top with brown sugar.
- Bring up 2 opposite sides of foil and seal. Fold remaining ends to enclose.
- Arrange on medium-high grill. Cover and grill for 25 minutes or until onions are nearly tender. Open slightly and grill 10 minutes more or until onions are lightly browned. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Serve in packet or remove. (4 servings)