- Preheat oven to 400º and bring large pot of water to boil.
- Place shrimp on baking sheet with olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss well and spread over pan. Roast for 6-8 minutes, just until pink and cooked through.
- While shrimp are roasting, melt butter and olive oil. Cook garlic until soft. Add lemon juice, zest and a touch of salt to taste. Add salt and a drizzle of olive oil to boiling water. Cook pasta al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain, reserving some cooking liquid.
- Quickly toss pasta in butter/olive oil. Add roasted shrimp and 1/2 cup of reserved cooking liquid. Toss again adding fresh basil.
- Serve hot topped with cheese. (6 servings)
Tuesday, August 09, 2011
"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart."
~ Celia Thaxter
'Old Garden Companions'
(Phlox, Purple Coneflowers, Dwarf Chinese Astile, Daylily)
Astilbe, hosta, Rose of Sharon, Hydrangea
LEMON PASTA with ROASTED SHRIMP
~ Summer friendly ... light/luscious adapted from Ina Garten
2 lbs. (peeled and deveined) large shrimp
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 lemons, zested and juiced
1 lb. angel hair pasta
fresh chopped basil to taste
Grated Parmesan or fresh feta cheese to taste (optional)
Note: A good garden fresh salad and favorite summer wine makes the meal complete.
(Phlox, White Coneflower)
"Summer's lease hath all too short a date."
~ William Shakespeare