"I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter."
~ Author Unknown
~ Christmas Moose
CHRISTMAS CAPPUCCINO MOUSSE
~ Decadent & delicious ... what Christmas is all about!
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
4 large organic eggs
8 oz. chopped good bittersweet chocolate
4 tsp. instant espresso powder
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Unsweetened whipped cream
chopped chocolate covered espresso beans (Trader Joe's)
fresh mint sprigs
- Separate whites from egg yolks. Let stand at room temperature.
- Whisk 1/4 cup cream and eggs yolks in saucepan. Set over low heat and cook, whisking constantly for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add chocolate & espresso powder; stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue to whisk until whites begin to mound. Gradually add sugar, whisking constantly until stiff peaks form. Fold chocolate mixture into whites, blending well.
- In chilled bowl, whip remaining 1 1/4 cups whipping cream to soft peaks. Whisk in vanilla extract. Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until barely blended (note visible streaks of white).
- Spoon into individual mousse dishes or glass 6-cup serving bowl. Cover carefully with plastic wrap to avoid marring surface. Chill until set.
- Spoon mousse from large bowl onto desert plates. Garnish with dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped chocolate espresso beans. Arrange mint leaves on side with 3 cranberries to resemble holly and serve immediately. (6-8 servings)
Follow me in merry measure,
Fa la la. la la la. la la la.