GARLIC GINGER SHRIMP on NEST OF SOBA NOODLES
~ An ever pleasing favorite compliments of Baker by Nature
12 oz. soba noodles
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 large thinly sliced shallot (I like more)
2 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
8 coarsely chopped garlic cloves
1 lb. large shelled and deveined shrimp
zest and juice of one large lime
coarse salt to taste
3 finely chopped scallions
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
Lime wedges for garnish
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add soba noodles and cook, stirring occasionally until tender; 4 minutes (or recommended on package). Drain and risen noodles udders cold water. Transfer noodles to a large serving bowl.
- In medium bow, combine 2 Tbsp. of the sesame oil with the soy sauce. Add sauce to noodles and toss.
- In skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. of oil. Add shallots and ginger and cook over medium heat, stirring until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer shallots and ginger with slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Add garlic to the skillet and cook over very low heat until golden; 2 minutes. Transfer garlic to same paper towel lined plate.
- In bow, combine lime zest and juice with remaining oil; stir in the shrimp and season with salt. Add shrimp to skilled and cook on each side for about 1 minute; just until pink.
- Sprinkle noodles with scallions, cilantro, crushed red pepper, and shrimp. Top with ginger friend shallots. Serve at once or chill until needed.