~ White cyclamen
COCONUT CREAM CHEESECAKE
~ 20 year old recipe from The Heritage House in Little River, California
2/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
5 Tbsp. chilled unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
3 8-oz. packages room temperature cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 room temperature organic eggs
2 room temperature egg yolks
2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
- For crust: combine flour & sugar in large bowl. Using pastry blender (or 2 knives) cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gather into ball. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Press dough into bottom of 10-inch springform. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly. Cool slightly. Reduce oven to 300-degrees.
- For filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and yolks, 1 at a time. Mix in flaked coconut, whipping cream, fresh lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake until edges are firm, about 70 minutes. Let cheesecake completely cool.
- Remove springform and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with toasted coconut. (12 servings).