- Score flank steak in crisscross pattern. Place in large oblong baking dish.
- Combine oil, tamari, red wine, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and salt & pepper. Pour over steak and marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours or longer, turning several times.
- Bring steak to room temperature. Remove from marinade and grill on high 5 to 7 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove and let rest several minutes before diagonally slicing. At this point, can refrigerate or continue.
- While steak is resting, combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil and horseradish. Add onion, sun-dried tomatoes and cracked pepper to taste.
- Arrange steak on large platter. Cover with onion and sun-dried tomato mixture.
Friday, July 20, 2007
GRILLED STEAK SALAD
~ Adapted from PICNIC! Recipes and Menus for Outdoor Entertainment
3 1/2 lbs. flank steak
1/3 extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
1/3 cup red wine
1 Tbsp. minced ginger
1 clove minced garlic
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1-2 Tbsp. horseradish
1 large thinly sliced red onion
6-8 julienned sun-dried tomatoes
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
freshly ground black pepper