"Garden making is creative work, just as much as painting or writing a poem. It is a personal expression of self, and individual conception of beauty. I should as soon think of asking a secretary to write my book, or the cook to assist in a water color painting, as to permit a gardener to plant or dig among my flowers."
~ Hannah Rion
(The Greatest Gift of a Garden)
GIFT of GREEN
1 cup sliced (1 inch) fresh green beans
- Combine beans & water in small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until beans are crip-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well; cool. Combine beans, olives, caper, and tuna.
- Whisk together oil, Dijon, lemon juice, parsley, salt & pepper. Pour over tuna mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf. Spoon About 1/2 cup tuna mixture into each pita half. (4 servings)
- Combine cooked potatoes, green onions and bacon. Whisk together lemon juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt & pepper.
- Pour over and toss with potato mixture.