- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Rinse and pat salmon dry. Place skin side down on foil lined baking sheet sprayed with Pam. Season with salt & pepper.
- Combine chopped cranberries, cherries, onion, thyme, rosemary, lemon zest, and panko crumbs. Blend in 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Pat mixture evenly over salmon. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Pop in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until salmon is opaque in center. (4 servings) Delicious served with wedges of roasted rosemary potatoes, fingerlings, or a simple baked sweet potato.______________
ROASTED ROSEMARY POTATOES
2 large red skin potatoes
2 large black potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
extra-virgin olive oil
3 heaping Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary or to taste
coarse salt & freshly cracked pepperSlice potatoes in wedges. Coat with olive oil. Place in ovenproof pan or iron skillet. Sprinkle with rosemary, cracked pepper and coarse salt. Bake in 450 degree oven 45 minutes or until roasted.
Friday, December 02, 2011
HERB CRUSTED CRANBERRY/CHERRY SALMON
~ Delicious meld of herbs, tart cranberries, lemon & sweet dried cherries make this crunchy festive salmon memorable.
1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillet
1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1/4 cup chopped dried cherries (or cranberries)
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup panko crumbs
zest of 1 fresh lemon
3 Tbsp. melted butter
sea salt & freshly cracked pepper