Dainty pansy whose soft painted face
Tickles my garden with whimsical grace.
WILTED SPINACH and GRUYERE FRITTATA
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 10-oz. package baby spinach leaves
1 bunch chopped green onions
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tsp. sweet Hungarian paprika
1/2 cup sour cream or half & half
1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
dried parsley flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Saute green onions in 1 Tbsp butter. Gradually add spinach until wilted. Drain well and set aside.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter. Whisk eggs, sour cream, and salt & pepper. Fold in 1 cup of cheese, spinach mixture and melted butter. Spread in greased quiche pan. Sprinkle with additional 1/2 cup cheese. Garnish with parsley
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set. (Serves 4-6)
~ delicious warm or cold
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 extra-large organic egg
1/4 tsp. almond extract
3 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
8 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut up
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
1 Tbsp. freshly grated orange peel
- Grate peel before juicing the orange. Blend juice & buttermilk. Add egg and extract. Beat smooth with a fork.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine granules. Add sugar, almonds, and orange peel. Mix together evenly. Add egg mixture and stir with a fork until soft dough forms.
- Drop by tablespoons on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375-degrees about 20-25 minutes or until medium brown. (8-12 scones, depending on size)