~ It's about time!
(First welcome visitor in the garden)
GRILLED GORGONZOLA RIBEYE
~ Sixty degrees ... light the grill!
4 10 oz. ribeye steaks or New York strips
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red wine
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. dry mustard
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
juice of 1 lemon
splash Tabasco sauce
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (2 tsp. dried)
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 lb. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Combine olive oil, wine, soy sauce, dry mustard, garlic, lemon juice, Tabasco, rosemary, salt & pepper. Pour over steaks and marinate 4 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade (reserve) and grill to personal taste.
- While steaks are cooking, reduce marinade. Serve over steaks, topped with crumbled Gorgonzola. (Allow steaks to rest a bit before serving)
Suggested Michigan Wine: Chateau Grand Traverse 2004 Merlot Reserve
ROASTED LEMON BROCCOLI
~ You'll never steam broccoli again after tasting this!
1 lb. broccoli florets
3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
garlic powder to taste
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
juice & zest of fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 500-degrees.
- Toss broccoli with oil, garlic powder, salt & cracked pepper. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and zest before serving. Adjust seasoning.
~ 'Lonely' Crocus
(the squirrels and chipmunks left me one)