- Combine olive oil, brown sugar, vodka, lemon juice, zest, thyme & black pepper. Pour over fillets and marinate several hours. Bring to room temp before grilling.
- Place fillets on grill, skin side down, reserving marinade. Depending on thickness of fish, cook about 15 minutes or until opaque but still moist (do not overcook).
- While fish is cooking, bring marinade to boil and simmer 5 minutes. Serve over fish. (6 healthy servings)
LEMONY HERBED ORZO with TOMATOES, OLIVES & FETA
~ Delicious complimentary pasta salad from PAMELA MORGAN'S FLAVORS
1 lb. semolina orzo pasta, preferable imported
6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
3 cored, seeded and diced ripe plum tomatoes (about 3/4 lb.)
1/4 lb. pitted & chopped Kalamata olives
1/4 lb. coarsely crumbled Greek feta
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add orzo and 1 Tbsp. salt and cook partially covered, according to directions, stirring occasionally until just tender, about 9 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and transfer to large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. salt. Pour dressing over orzo and toss well. Add tomatoes, olives, feta, green onion, parsley, mint, tarragon, rosemary, thyme and generous grinding of pepper. Toss well and serve within an hour or so of completion. (8-10 servings)