- Combine soy sauce, juice and zest of lemon, olive oil, oregano, garlic powder and black pepper. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and marinate several hours or overnight.
- Light grill and when ready place mesquite chips on coals. Place chicken breast on grill and grill on medium-medium high for 20-30 minutes, depending on size of breasts. Turn every 10 minutes and baste with marinade. Cover and let rest before serving. Serve on crisp rolls or alone with Greek Pasta Salad.
GREEK PASTA SALAD
~ Family and friend favorite
1 lb. favorite pasta (corkscrew, farfalle, fusilli, etc)
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 cloves minced garlic
freshly ground black pepper
5 peeled and chopped plum tomatoes
1 large sliced and seeded English cucumber
1 chopped red onion
1 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
additional chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Combine 1/2 cup olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and toss in large bowl with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to coat pasta thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion and parsley; toss well. Gently add olives, parsley and crumbled feta. Garnish with additional fresh parsley.
CLASSIC 'TIN ROOF SUNDAE'
~ Ingredients MUST ALWAYS be on hand for this classic treat
Scoop rich vanilla ice cream in bowl. Top with Hershey's chocolate syrup then sprinkle with plenty of 'red-skinned' * Spanish peanuts.
*Note: Perhaps how it got its name 'tin roof' resembling shingles (have always wondered)!