Hybrid Tuberous Begonia
French name : Bégonia tubéreux
Latin name (genus) : Begonia hybrides Tuberhybrida
Botanical family : Begoniaceae
SWORDFISH STEAK with MANGO SALSA
~ simply easy and 'divine'
4 6-8 oz. swordfish steaks (or tuna)
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
2 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
1 bunch chopped green onions
6 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
juice and zest of 1 fresh lemon or lime
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill. Brush swordfish or tuna steaks with olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Combine mango, green onions, cilantro, fresh lemon or lime, and pepper flakes. Let stand at room temperature at least 10 minutes while prepping dinner.
- Grill 3-4 minutes per side depending on thickness. Serve with favorite seasonal vegetables.
COCONUT POUND CAKE
~ Simply delicious
1 cup unsalted butter
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
8 oz. sour cream
1 cup coconut
1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Spray bundt pan with Pam and set aside.
- Mix butter, sugar and eggs until creamy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamy mixture.
- Combine sour cream, coconut and vanilla and mix well. Add to creamy mixture and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Test center before removing from oven. Let rest 10 minutes, flip, and cool. Yummy with rich vanilla bean ice cream.