"Black Star Farms is a popular agricultural destination located on the beautiful Leelanau Peninsula in northern Michigan. Our Winery and Distillery produce some of the best Michigan wines and spirits. Our luxurious B&B Inn is the perfect place to host private special events including weddings, corporate retreats, and family celebrations. Artisanal cheese and a farm market round out our Suttons Bay site. To try our wines, visit any of our three tasting rooms in Suttons Bay, Traverse City and on the Old Mission Peninsula ...)
BAKED BLUEBERRY BRUNCH
~ One of the favorites at the Inn at Black Star Farms (BED & BREAKFAST INN ONLINE)
24 Slices of bread, cubed(may use French bread, brioche, or any type white bread).
1 lb. Cream cheese - cut into cubes
2 C. Blueberries
1/4 C. Orange zest
24 Large eggs
1 qt. Milk
1 C. Maple syrup
3 C. Sugar
2/3 C. Cornstarch
3 C. Water
3 C. Blueberries
1 T. Lemon juice
3 T. Butter
- Place 1/2 the bread cubes on the bottom of a spray-coated 12x20x2" pan. Scatter cream cheese, 2 C. of blueberries, and orange zest over bread. Place remaining bread cubes over blueberries.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and maple syrup. Pour evenly over entire pan. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, bake an additional 30 - 40 minutes, or until puffed, browned, firm and thoroughly cooked. Cut into 24 squares and keep warm.
- For sauce: in a large pot, thoroughly blend sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils, thickens, and turns clear - about 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries and simmer until berries burst. Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice. Keep warm.
- To serve: pour about 1/4 to 1/2 C. sauce over each portion. Serve hot.