8 oz. champagne or sparkling chilled wine
2 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
1 cube turbinado sugar or
1 rock candy stirrer
Place sugar cube in champagne flute (or rock candy stirrer); add 2 Tbsp. pomegranate juice and 8 oz. Champagne or sparkling wine. Serve immediately. Both will dissolve adding a tad of sweetness. (1 serving)
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Warm honey & water ~ do not allow to boil. Mix well and cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup Turbinado sugar and spices.
- In large bowl, combine honey mixture & nuts. Toss well until nuts are thoroughly coated and no honey syrup remains in bottom of bowl.
- Toss nuts quickly and thoroughly with sugar and spice mix. Spread nut mixture on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and separate nuts wit spoon (they will clump together as sugar begins to melt). Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. of raw sugar. Continue baking 5-7 minutes more until nuts are browned and crystallized.
- Heat oven to 350-degrees.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes. Place on baking sheet. Bake until cubes are lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix butter & sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at at time.
- Beat in cream, half & half and vanilla. Divide cranberries among 8 6-oz. individual souffle dishes (or in 2-quart baking dish). Top with bread cubes.
- Pour about 1/2 cup custard over bread, pressing down gently to moisten cubes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Set souffle dishes in large shallow pan. Place in oven. Pour enough hot water into pan to reach halfway up sided of souffle dishes.
- Bake until tops are golden brown and puddings are set, 30-45 minutes (30-40 minutes for 2-quart dish). Cover lightly with foil if tops are browning too quickly. Remove from oven and cool souffle dishes slightly.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve warm. (8 servings)