- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Slice off 1/4 from top of bread. Hollow out leaving 1/2-inch shell. (Use inside for breadcrumbs. Toast and freeze for later use.)
- Layer ingredients inside shell in the following order: roasted peppers, 4-oz. provolone cheese, sun-dried tomatoes,mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, pesto, and remaining 4 oz. provolone cheese.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheeses are melted. Uncover and slice into wedges. (6-8 servings)
Note: Roasted peppers. Broil on baking sheet until skin is charred, turning as each side blackens. Remove and place in paper or plastic bag for 10 minutes. Remove, rinse and slip off skins. Core, seed and slice.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice & zest.
- Toss chopped peppers, cucumber, onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, parsley, oregano, salt & pepper in large bowl with olive oil dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour to allow flavors to mellow.
- Combine both red leaf and the romaine lettuce. Divide among 8 individual chilled salad plates. Spoon vegetables over top. Sprinkle with feta and additional cracked pepper. (8 servings)