GRILLED VIDALIA ONION & STEAK SANDWICH
~ Delicious spring combo from Cooking Light
3/4 cup cola
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
4 crushed cloves garlic
1 crushed bay leaf
1 (1 1/2 lb.) trimmed flank steak
3/4 cup minced arugula
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
6 (1/2-inch thick) slices Vidalia onion
6 (2-oz.) Kaiser rolls
12 (1/4-inch thick) slices tomato
- To prepare steak, combine first 7 ingredients in large zip-lock bag. Add steak, seal and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally. Remove steak, reserving marinade. Pour marinade into microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine arugula and mayonnaise for dressing; set aside.
- Coat grill with cooking spray. Grill steak 8 minutes or until steak is medium-rare or desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Grill onions for 4 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with marinade. Grill rolls, cut side down, for 2 minutes.
- Slice steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Spread 2 Tbsp. dressing on bottom of each half of roll. Divide steak, tomato, and onion evenly. Top with remaining half. ( 6 servings )