a friendly face in the garden
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
- Slice bread in half horizontally. Spread pesto evenly over each cut slice.
- Layer ham, turkey, and provolone evenly over bottom half. Top with remaining bread and wrap in foil.
- Bake 10 minutes. Uncover top of loaf and cover with fresh basil leaves. Slice into 6 wedges.
MEDITERRANEAN GREEK SALAD
1/2 lb. halves crosswise sliced green beans
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 clove crushed garlic
1 chopped shallot
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. fresh oregano
1 tsp. fresh thyme
3 large fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
1 lb. halved grape tomatoes
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
1 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- Blanch green beans in boiling salted water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, pat dry and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, shallot, mustard, oregano, thyme and basil in a blender. Slowly add olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- In large salad bowl, combine green beans, tomato halves, sliced onion and crumbled feta cheese. Toss with vinaigrette.