WILD MUSHROOM SPINACH FETTUCCINE
~ Delicious pasta dish if you are lucky enough to still have morel mushrooms. If not, use an assortment of shiitake, oyster or cremini mushrooms.
1 lb. spinach fettuccine
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped wild leeks or shallots
1 lb. sliced morel or assorted mushrooms
4 plump cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup dry sherry
1 pint heavy cream (or lighten up using organic chicken broth)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
pinch of coarse salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 oz. shaved Parmesan cheese
additional chopped thyme & parsley for garnish
- While pasta water is cooking, melt butter in large skillet. Add leeks or shallots, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute until moisture evaporates.
- Add sherry to pan and cook until liquid almost evaporates. Pour in cream and heat gently until hot.
- Add parsley, thyme, and salt & pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to mushrooms, tossing to coat.
- Serve in large pasta bowls. Sprinkle with additional herbs and top with shaved Parmesan cheese.