16 large sea scallops, side muscles removed
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
1 12 Tbsp. minced shallots
2/3 cup Champagne grapes (about 4 oz.) or black grapes, halved
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Sprinkle scallops with salt & pepper.
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in very large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook butter until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add Scallops; cook 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer scallops to plate; tent with foil.
- Melt remaining butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and grapes; saute until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and any accumulated scallop juices. Bring mixture to boil; season with salt & pepper. Stir in almonds and parsley.
- Place 4 scallops on each of 4 plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
(4 appetizer servings)
Note: Pair with a a crisp, ripe Sauvignon Blanc.