"The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools."
- Beat sugar and oil in mixing bowl until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Stir flour, cinnamon, baking soda, mace and salt together in bowl. Gradually add to egg mixture, beating constantly.
- Place apples n a bowl and sprinkle wit lemon juice. fold apples into batter. Add walnuts (the batter will be very thick). Spoon into well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325-degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto serving plate and cool. Spoon Caramel Glaze over cooled cake. (16 servings)
6 Tbsp. butter
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Melt butter in small saucepan. Add Brown sugar, cream & vanilla. Bring to rolling boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture sheets off a spoon. Cool slightly.