~ L. Mawby Vineyard
CHAMPAGNE SALAD with PEAR-GOAT CHEESE TARTS
~ A rich blend of autumn flavors from a treasured (November 2006)
SOUTHERN LIVING clipping
2 (5-oz.) bags gourmet mixed salad greens
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Pear-Goat Cheese Tarts
- Stir together walnuts & sugar in heavy saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 8-10 minutes or until sugar melts and turns golden brown.
- Spread mixture in single layer on lightly greased was paper: cool. Break into pieces; store in airtight container up to 3 days.
- Unfold pie crusts and cut each in half; ct each half into 3 pieces. Place 1 piece into lightly greased muffin cup in a muffin pan. Fold and press pastry piece to form a cup shape. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry pieces.
- Bake at 375-degrees for 8 minutes or until edges of pastries are lightly browned. Remove pan to wire rack.
- Stir together goat cheese and next 3 ingredients. Spoon evenly into pastry shells.
- Bake at 375-degrees 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove to wire rack, and let cool 2 minutes.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. honey
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Whisk together all ingredients. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
Note: Pop open a delightful bottle from the many award-winning sparking wines from L. Mawby. You won't be disappointed!