Thursday, December 20, 2007

'JOLLY OL' ST. NICHOLAS'




Jolly Ol' St. Nicholas

Jolly ol' Saint Nicholas'

lean your ear this way!

Don't you tell a single soul

what I'm going to say:

Christmas Eve is coming soon;

now, you dear old man

Whisper what you'll bring to me;

tell me if you can.

When the clock is striking twelve,

when I'm fast asleep

Down the chimney,

broad and black,

with your pack you'll creep

All the stockings you will find

hanging in a row

Mine will be the shortest one,

you'll be sure to know

Bobby wants a pair of skates,

Suzy wants a sled

Nellie wants a picture book,

yellow, blue, and red

Now I think I'll leave to you

what to give the rest

Choose for me, dear Santa Claus;

you will know the best.



2 comments:

A wildlife gardener said...

Lovely post, Joey. Merry Christmas to you...and hope Santa brings you what your heart desires:)

joey said...

Thank you for you kind comment, wildlive gardner. Santa brought me the best Christmas present of all ... my ailing sister who survived a miraculous year. Though we have huge struggles ahead dealing with her blindness and daily medical visits, tonight she is here beside me.