~ May garden beauties
MACADAMIA CRUSTED WHITEFISH
2 thick whitefish (or walleye) fillets
juice & zest of 1 lemon
6 Tbsp. chopped macadamia nuts
1/3 cup panko crumbs
4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
2-3 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Place fillets on aluminum foil lined baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Combine lemon juice, zest, chopped macadamia nuts, panko crumbs, olive oil, pepper, green onions and fresh parsley. Pat evenly over fillets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets. (2 healthy servings)
ROAST ASPARAGUS SALAD with CHEVE
~ Delicious spring salad from Williams-Sonoma
1 1/2 lb. asparagus
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
sprinkle with extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3-4 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
freshly ground pepper to taste
6 chopped green onions, including about 2 inches of green portions
7-8 cup mixed baby salad greens
2 cups cherred tomatoes
1/4 lb. herbed goat cheese (cheve) cut into 6 slices.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush with olive oil.
- Snap off tough ends from asparagus spears. Arrange on spears in single layer on prepared pan, season with salt & pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until tender about 12-14 minutes. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, olive olive, and mustard. Stir in chives and season with pepper.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp. of dressing over asparagus and let stand while tossing salad.
- In large bowl, gently toss green onions and salad greens. Add tomatoes. Drizzle just enough dressing on salad so greens glisten and toss again. (Save remaining dressing).
- Immediately mound salad in center of large individual salad plates. Place a slice of cheve on top of each of greens and arrange asparagus spears around perimeter of each plate. Drizzle extra dressing over cheve. Serve immediately. (6 servings)