APPLE MAPLE PANCAKES
~ The smell of Michigan autumn is in the air! (Delicious recipe featured by Kate Lawson in The Detroit News ~ Jan 24, 2009)
2 large room temperature eggs
1/4 cup AP flour
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup pure Michigan maple syrup
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 large firm apple (Gala or Fuji preferred) thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried Michigan cherries or cranberries
Confectioner's sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine eggs, flour, cream, maple syrup and salt in a blender and combine well. Melt butter in and 8-inch heavy ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and dried cherries or cranberries and saute until soft and apples are lightly browned.
- Whirl batter again until frothy and pour into the skillet, pushing fruit back into the batter. Let skillet sit for a few seconds and place in oven.
- Bake until pancake is puffed, golden and set, 12-15 minutes. Remove skillet from oven and let pancake cool for a few minutes. Gently lift or slide pancake onto cutting board. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and dust with cinnamon.
- Cut into slices and serve warm. (4 servings)