"Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures."
~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
(Life's Little Instruction Book)
~ Lemony garlic shrimp over pasta
(adapted from Mirepoix Cooking School - Royal Oak)
1 1/2 lbs. linguine
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
9 cloves chopped garlic
2 lbs. large peeled and deveined shrimp
2 tsp. fresh thyme
freshly ground pepper to taste
Lawry's Seasoned Pepper to taste
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
fresh chopped thyme and parsley
freshly grated Parmesan
- Follow instructions and cook pasta 'al dente' in large pot of boiling salted water.
- In large pan, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute; do not let it brown.
- Add shrimp, season with thyme, black pepper and Lawry's Seasoned pepper. Saute until shrimp just turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add parsley, lemon zest and juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- When pasta is done, drain. Toss with shrimp mixture and transfer to large bowl. Top with chopped fresh thyme and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and a crusty loaf of bread. (6 generous servings)