"The pleasure of picking a few flowers and finding the right vase for them is incomparable."
~ May Sarton
A simple Pleasure
GREEK FESTIVAL FISH
~ a simple pleasure and gift recipe from dear friend, Sue
6 white fish fillets (about 2 lbs.)
~ tilapia, whitefish, flounder, sole
2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 thinly sliced scallions
2 minced cloves garlic
4 chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
crumbled feta to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Coat 9 x 13 inch pan with Pam.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic and saute until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, parsley, oregano and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place half of sauce mixture in baking dish. Arrange fish fillets over sauce and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve immediately. (6 servings)
~ delicious simple side with fish or chicken
2 (5.4 oz.) packages toasted pinenut couscous mix
2 cups organic chicken broth
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/3 cup diced red pepper
- Combine broth, lemon rind, lemon juice, seasoning packet from couscous mix, and butter. Bring to boil and stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and bell pepper.
Tulips in Tiffany vase