"The bee is more honored than other animals,
~ Saint John Chrysostom
BLUEBERRY CHICKEN SALAD
~ These juicy jewels add not only vivid color, and sun-ripened flavor but also healthful beneficial antioxidants
3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 rib chopped celery
1/2 cup diced sweet onion
1 chopped red pepper
1 chopped yellow pepper
4 cups mixed salad greens
1 cup or more fresh blueberries
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt & pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Reserve half of mixture and chill.
- Pour remaining mixture over chicken. Cover and marinated several hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium-high heat, 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cut into thin slices.
- Combine celery, onion and sliced red and yellow peppers. Toss to coat with remaining dressing.
- Arrange chicken over greens. Top with celery/pepper mixture and sprinkle with blueberries. (4 servings)