- Shake vodka, grapefruit juice and cranberry juice.
- Strain over tall highball glass filled with ice.
- Finish with lime wedge.
4 large ruby red grapefruit
4 ripe avocados
1 bunch baby spinach
1 thinly sliced red onion
- Divide grapefruit into sections. Slice avocado into 1/2-inch strips. Toss together to prevent avocado from discoloring. Keep airtight until serving time.
- To serve: Place spinach on plate. Arrange alternate grapefruit andavocado slices. Top with red onion. Sprinkle with Poppy SeedDressing. (8 servings)
- Serve with SPICY PEPPERED WHITE CHEDDAR MUFFINS.
POPPY SEED DRESSING
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
Place sugar, mustard, salt, vinegar & chopped onion in blender. Slowly blend in oil. Stir in poppy seeds.
2 cups unbleached flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cups milk
1 large organic egg
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in large bowl; make well in center.
- Stir together milk, egg, and oil until blended. Add into well of dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400-degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Cool in pans 2 minutes before removing. Serve warm with plenty of sweet butter. (1 dozen)