"What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness."
~ Author unknown
OVEN CEDAR PLANKED BOURBON SALMON & STEAMED LEMON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
2 pound salmon fillet
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. bourbon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Combine oil, soy sauce, bourbon, ginger and brown sugar. Pour over salmon fillet an let sit 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub cooking oil on cooking surface of cedar plank. Heat plank in 350º oven for 15 minutes.
- Place salmon (reserve marinade and heat in saucepan until thickened glaze) on hot plank and cook 15-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Pour thickened glaze on cooked salmon.
- Serve with steamed brussels sprouts, steamed red skins, or favorite vegetable.
STEAMED LEMON BRUSSELS SPROUTS
2 lbs. trimmed brussels sprouts
coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
Fit a large pot with a steamer insert; fill with water to bottom of insert. Cover and bring to boil. Add Brussels sprouts and steam until bright green and just tender, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.