“O, wind, if winter comes,
can spring be far behind?"
~ Percy Shelley
Winter at Hubbard Lake
(Compliments of Two Peas & Their Pod)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
16 ounces (about 4 cups) unsalted pecan halves
1 egg white
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 300º. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, vanilla, and water together until fluffy. Add Pecans and gently toss until pecans are well coated. Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread pecans out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
- Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet. When completely cool store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.