BOURBON BAKED SCALLOPS
~ Romantic supper for two adapted from The Connoisseur UP NORTH
1 lb. bay scallops
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 cup dry sherry
juice and zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/2 cup cooked rice
1/2 chopped Vidalia onion
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Rinse scallops and pat dry.
- Saute onion in 1 Tbsp. butter and reserve. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in saucepan and blend in flour to make roux. Add sherry, juice of lemon and zest. Season with paprika, salt & pepper and simmer, stirring often, until thickened.
- Add bourbon and scallops.
- Spoon into two individual baking dishes and top with panko crumbs. Bake 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish dish with fresh parsley or chive blossoms (in season).