- Rub steaks with herbs and pepper. Combine olive oil and whiskey. Pour over steaks. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Boil shallots, vinegar, pepper, beef stock, red wine and whiskey. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup. (Can make ahead)
- Remove steak from marinade. Grill to desired doneness and let rest.
- Serve with Jack Daniel's sauce, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs (and Vidalia Onion Pie).
VIDALIA ONION PIE
~Trust the recipe, you'll like it! Adapted from treasured 1992 issue of Bon Appetit.
1 1/2 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
6 Tbsp. room temperature unsalted butter
2 cups thinly sliced Vidalia onions
3/4 cup whole milk (or sour cream)
2 organic large eggs
1/4 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar or Colby
Hungarian sweet paprika
Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Mix cracker crumbs and 4 Tbsp. butter until blended. Press into 8-inch pie plate.
- Melt remaining butter and saute onions until tender and opaque. Plunk over crust.
- Whisk milk, eggs, salt & pepper. Pour over onions and sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. (Serves 6)