Gardener's Note: Juneberries, Amelanchier, also called Serviceberries, ripen in the Midwest, turning from green in May to red then purple in June. This delicious fruit (a member of the rose family related to apples and raspberries) can be used fresh or dried. For more information related to the versatile fruit and this 'must have' tree, visit:
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg, milk and oil in bowl and add to dry ingredients, stirring lightly until mixed.
- Fold in Juneberries and spoon into greased or lined muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with sugar and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing.