- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Combine 1 cup water, butter, salt & pepper, and fine herbs. Bring to boil and add flour, all at once, stirring vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each. Stir in cheese, almonds, and parsley. Spread mixture in greased 9-inch pie plate. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until puffed. Serve with fresh sliced apples, pears, or simple crackers. ( 10 servings)
COQUILLES ST. JACQUES with PEPPERS & CAPERS
2 lbs. (2 pints) bay scallops
pinch of coarse salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp. sweet butter, divided
1 cup finely chopped green pepper
1 cup finely chopped red pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup drained capers
1/2 cup fine fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat broiler to high. Sprinkle scallops with salt & pepper. Heat oil in large skillet and add scallops. cook over high heat, stirring, about 2 minutes. Transfer scallops to baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet and add chopped pepper and garlic. Cook until wilted. Add capers, bread crumbs and wine. Heat through and spoon over scallops.
- Dot with remaining butter and broil 4 minutes. (4 servings)
POTS de CREME
~ A lovely ending to a perfect meal
1/2 lb. semi-sweet shaved chocolate
1 Tbsp. instant coffee or espresso
5 Tbsp. cold water
5 organic egg whites
5 organic egg yolks
1 tbsp. sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
2-3 Tbsp. Kahlua
fresh whipped cream flavored with vanilla
- Melt chocolate, instant coffee and cold water in double boiler.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks in and sugar until light and lemony.
- Add stick of soft butter to chocolate, stirring until melted. Add Kahlua.
- Stir in egg yolks and fold in egg whites. Spoon into individual pots and chill.
- Serve with a small dollop of fresh whipped cream, sprinkled with shaved chocolate and a demitasse spoon.