- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Generously butter au gratin shallow dish. Arrange fish fillets in dish.
- Melt butter over low heat. Add mushrooms, green onion, and red pepper. Saute until softened. Add grapes, stirring gently. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Spoon over fish.
- Tent with foil and bake until fish is flaky and sauce is heated through, about 20 minutes. ( 2 servings )
JOE MUER'S CREAMED SPINACH
~ Classic favorite served with fish
2 10-oz. package frozen leaf spinach
2 Tbsp. butter
1 finely chopped medium onion
1 finely chopped clove garlic
1 quart milk
3 cups finely ground soft white bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Cook spinach until tender. Run cool water over and drain in colander, pressing out all the liquid.
- Melt butter and saute onion and garlic until transparent. Scald milk. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to bread crumbs. Whisk crumb mixture into milk.
- Finely chop spinach and blend into milk mixture with whisk. Bring to second boil before serving. May be made ahead and reheated, the flavor better after standing several hours.