" If life is a bowl of cherries, then what am I doing in the pits? "
~ Erma Bombeck
~ 'Enough is Enough'
WHITE CHOCOLATE 'CHERRY' SHORTBREAD
~ Loaded with lots of 'good stuff' to chase 'winter blues' away
1 1/2 cups flour
12 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 heaping cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture forms small crumbs. Stir in cherries and pecans. Form into ball and knead until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- On large cookie sheet, roll each section into 6-8 inch circles approximately 1/2-inch thick. Press edges with fingers for form scallop effect. With a knife, cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until centers are set and edges slightly brown. While cookies are baking, melt white chocolate over double boiler.
- Remove from oven and cut shortbread wedges again. Drizzle with melted chocolate. ( 2 dozen )