TUNA STEAKS with WASABI BUTTER
1/4 cup Hot chili sesame oil (House of Tsang)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup Seasoned rice vinegar (Nakano - red pepper)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
3 - 3 1/2 pounds (about 1 1/2 inch thick) ahi tuna steaks
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp. green wasabi paste (or more if you like it hot)
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- Whisk sesame oil, vegetable oil, vinegar, brown sugar and soy together. Stir in ginger and garlic. Pour over tuna steaks. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Meanwhile, prepare wasabi butter. Beat butter and wasabi paste together. Blend in coriander.
- Grill steaks over hot coals about 7 minutes total for rare, flipping once. Reduce marinade over high heat and serve sauce over sliced tuna topped with wasabi butter and a side of Asian Coleslaw & Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
1 julienned sliced red pepper
1 julienned sliced orange pepper
1 julienned sliced yellow pepper
6 diagonally sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine in large bowl and top with dressing just before serving.
6 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
6 Tbsp. vegetable oil
6 Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
1 pound halved Brussels sprouts
2 Tbsp. extra- virgin olive oil
1 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp. additional olive oil
Sprinkle of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine olive oil, salt and pepper and toss evenly over Brussels sprouts to coat. Single layer Brussels sprouts in baking sheet. Bake until turning brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with additional olive oil.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Note: Enjoy dinner sipping a fine Michigan wine - keep the economy humming!