- Cut ribs into finger size pieces and place in large kettle. Combine onion, peppercorns, cloves and beer. Pour over ribs and bring to boil. Simmer gently, covered, 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs from brew and dip into Barbecue Sauce. Place ribs on grill over hot coals. Grill 8-10 minutes or until crisp and brown. (8 appetizer servings or a main course for 2).
- Combine first 11 ingredients in bowl; whisk to blend. Refrigerate dressing until cold. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.)
- Combine cabbage, bell peppers, onion, carrot, parsley and lemon peep in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to season to taste and serve. (6 servings)
'YANKEE DOODLE' SUNDAES
~ An old-fashioned refreshing treat
2 pints hulled strawberries
1 pint blueberries
5 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. Grand Marnier or other orange liquer
1 tsp. grated orange peel
6 cups good vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine 1 pint of strawberries with sugar in medium bowl and crush with fork. Slice remaining pint of strawberries. Add to bowl with blueberries. Add liqueur and orange peel and blend well. Let stand 15 minutes. (Can prepare ahead and refrigerate.)
- Divide ice cream or yogurt in 6 dessert dishes or large goblets. Spoon strawberry/blueberry sauce over. Garnish sundaes with fresh mint and serve.