- Bring 2 quarts water, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and 2 tsp. salt to boil. Poach shrimp at a bare simmer, uncovered, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer with slotted spoon to a bowl of ice & cold water to stop cooking. Let shrimp chill for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Whisk together tarragon, mustard, pepper and remaining 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and zest. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- Quarter avocados lengthwise, pit, peel and cut into bite-size pieces. Add shrimp, avocados, and endive. Toss with dressing. (2-4 light main course)
~ Tart & tangy (Traverse Magazine Feb. 08)
2 1/4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
4 large egg yolks
2 Tbsp. lightly packed lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. room temperature unsalted butter
- Off heat, whisk milk, sugar, brown sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks, lemon zest and salt . Cook at medium heat for 9-12 minutes, whisking constantly until thickened and whisk leaves a defined trail in the pudding.
- Remove pan from heat. Add lemon juice and butter and stir until incorporated. To remove zest, carefully pour pudding through sieve into large serving bowl or 4 individual dishes Let pudding cool to room temperature. Refrigerate covered loosely in plastic wrap until set and thoroughly chilled. Serve with whipped cream. (4 servings)