~ 'The remains of the day'
~ A delightful end to a perfect summer evening
1 5 1/2 oz. package finely crushed lemon crunch cookies
6 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp finely grated lemon peel
1 1/2 cup whipped whipping cream
1 10-oz. package thawed frozen raspberries
- For crust: Combine crushed cookies and butter in medium bowl and blend well. Pat into bottom and sides of 8 1/2-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- For filling: Beat egg whites on medium speed of electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until stiff peaks form. Beat egg yolks in another bowl until thick and lemon colored. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Gently fold egg whites into yolks, blending well. Gently fold in cream.
- Pour mixture on crust and freeze.
- Puree raspberries in food processor or blender. Press through strainer into serving bowl.
- Let torte stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving. Remove springform. Transfer torte to platter and serve immediately with pureed raspberries. (8-10 servings)