"The true essentials of a feast
are only fun and feed."
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
~ Muted mum
CARAMEL PECAN TART
~ Sensational easy twist on traditional pecan pie ... shortbread-like crust meets buttery-rich brown sugar-honey topping. A favorite clipped from Southern Living 2007.
3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
2 cups flour
2/3 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cups cubed unsalted butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup unsalted butter
3 Tbsp. whipping cream
- Arrange pecans in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350-degrees for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Pulse flour, powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup butter in food processor 5-6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter and whipping cream to boil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in toasted pecans, and spoon hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes or until completely cool. (12 servings)
CARAMEL PECAN BARS
Prepare recipe as directed, pressing crumb mixture evenly on bottom and 34 inch up sides of lightly greased heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined 13x9-inch pan. When completely cook, using foil as handles, carefully lift tart from pan and transfer to serving tray, Cut into squares.