TURKEY SALAD with CRANBERRIES & TOASTED PECANS
~ Yes ... leftovers are delicious!
2 cups shredded or diced turkey
1 diced and cored Granny Smith apple
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4-1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 Tbsp. coarsely chopped toasted pecans
1 (11oz.) can drained mandarin oranges
coarse salt & freshly cracked pepper
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
8 Red leaf lettuce leaves
additional toasted pecans
- Combine turkey, apple, celery, onions, pecans, and oranges. Season with salt & cracked pepper.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and parsley. Pour over turkey mixture and gently fold in. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Line 4 plates with 2 lettuce leaves each. Mound 1/4 cup of salad on top of leaves. Garnish with additional chopped pecans. (4 servings)
~ Leftover sweet potatoes! No problem (More Muffins)
GINGER SWEET POTATO MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees. Spray muffin pans with Pam.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger.
- In another bowl, stir together sweet potato, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients and add milk mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Spoon batter in prepared muffing cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove muffin pans to wire rack. cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve warm with Candied Ginger Butter or cool completely and store in airtight container at room temperature. (12 muffins)