- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Rub room temperature lamb with olive oil and garlic. Sprinkle with the combined herbs and salt & pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Rub with garlic.
- Arrange on rack and roast 25 minutes for medium rare (130-135 degrees). Tent and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. (serves 8)
1 cup port
2/3 cup fresh orange juice
matchstick strips of orange peel
1 cup red currant jelly
6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice plus zest
matchstick strips of lemon peel
Serve with sliced lamb chops garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.
Note: Since April is Michigan wine appreciation month, pair the rack of lamb with Willow Vineyard 2003 Pinot Noir (www.traversebiz.com/willow) or Chateau Chantal 2004 Proprietor's Reserve Pinot Noir (www.chateauchantal.com).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook cauliflower florets in large pot of boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour hot milk into butter-flour mixture and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Off the heat, add 1 tsp. salt and pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of Gruyere, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of an 8x11x2-inch baking dish. Place drained cauliflower on top and spread rest of sauce evenly on top. Combine bread crumbs with remaining 1/4 cup of Gruyere and sprinkle on top. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter and drizzle over the gratin. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature. (6 servings)