1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. grated fresh lemon rind
2 room temperature egg whites
1 cup heavy cream heavy cream
1 cup fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Mix cornstarch and sugar in small saucepan. Add lemon juice and water and whisk until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly over medium heat until thick (at least 5 minutes.)
- Pour into bow and stir in the lemon rind. Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with electric mixer until they form stiff peaks. Fold into lemon mixture, cover, and chill at least one hour or longer.
- Whip cream and fold into mousse, cover, and chill until serving time. Spoon into glass dessert bowls, parfait, wine or martini glasses. Top with fresh berries. (6 servings)
(Grown for cabbage-like leathery foliage, this hardy low growing plant spreads by rhizomes and can be used as ground cover and edging along borders ... looks best in mass plantings. Perfect for a shady spot getting morning sun or in full sun.)