“How well I remember my first encounter with The Devil's Brew. I happened to stumble across a case of bourbon -- and went right on stumbling for several days thereafter.”
~ W.C. Fields
OVEN CEDAR PLANKED BOURBON SALMON
2 pound salmon fillet
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. bourbon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Combine oil, soy sauce, bourbon, ginger and brown sugar. Pour over salmon fillet an let sit 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub cooking oil on cooking surface of cedar plank. Heat plank in 350º oven for 15 minutes.
- Place salmon (reserve marinade and heat in saucepan until thickened glaze) on hot plank and cook 15-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Pour thickened glaze on cooked salmon.
- Serve with steamed brussels sprouts, steamed red skins, or favorite vegetable.
WHIPPED SOUR CREAM WHITE CHEDDAR CHIVE CAULIFLOWER
1 large head cauliflower
4 garlic cloves
1/3 cup sour cream
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
6 oz. grated white cheddar and some also for garnish
fresh or dried chives to taste and for garnish
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place steam basket over large saucepan filled with several inches of water.
- Cut/break cauliflower into florets and rinse. Place in steamer with garlic and steam until tender, about 8-10 minutes or until soft enough to mash.
- Drain from steamer, pat dry, and place in bowl of food processor (or can use immersion blender) and puree until smooth.
- Return to pot and add sour cream, butter, cheddar, chives, and salt & pepper. Stir until crazy and smooth.
- Correct seasoning and serve sprinkled with additional grated cheese and chives.
Oven Cedar Planked Bourbon Salmon &
Whipped Sour Cream White Cheddar Chive Cauliflower