~ Enjoying God's beautiful day
- Steep the tea bags in boiling water for ten minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Pour juice over tea. Add lemon and/or orange slices and fresh mint sprigs. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Remove lemon and/or orange slices and mint before serving.
- Pour over crushed ice adding additional fresh fruit slices and sprig of fresh mint. ( 2 quarts)
DILLY CUCUMBER SANDWICHES
~ What memories are made of
Favorite loaf of soft sandwich bread (white or wheat)
1-2 peeled and thinly sliced English cucumbers
thinly sliced sweet onion (optional)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1-2 tsp. dried dill weed
coarse salt & cracked pepper
- Place cucumber in colander and sprinkle cucumber with a bit of salt. Let rest.
- Trim crust from bread slices. Slather each slice with soft butter.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dill. Spread over butter on bread.
- Wipe cucumbers dry and layer on one side of bread. Sprinkle with a bit of salt & pepper. Top with onion, if desired. Sprinkle with additional dill weed. Top with bread slice.
- Cut diagonally and then again to make triangles or in fingers. Wrap and refrigerate before serving.
LEMON THYME COOKIES
~ A treasured Michigan recipe from Woodland Herb Farm
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 organic eggs
2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. salt
zest of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp. dried lemon thyme
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar and salt.
- Work flour mixture into other mixture until well blended. Stir in lemon zest and thyme. Chill overnight.
- Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10 minutes. (About 3 1/2 dozen)